CERTIFICATE FEE: Effective Friday, July 1, 2016, the certificate (license) fee will be $184 quarterly and $738 annually.
We have moved!
Our new address is 401 Van Ness Avenue, 124B (ground floor), San Francisco, CA 94102.
The Arts Commission main phone line is 415-252-2100.
Unable to find the right information? Click here to request more information.
To be licensed as a Street Artist in SF:
- Download an application and read about the licensing and screening process.
- Find out what screening category your work fits under.
- Check the screening meeting schedule and monthly agenda.
- After successful application and screening, receive your Street Artist’s certificate.
- Get assigned to a selling space by joining the daily lottery.
- Still have questions? Contact us.
Review the Street Artists Program "Bluebook."
Revitalizing An Urban Arts Market: An Evaluation of the Street Artists Licensing Program: Report (PDF)
Revitalizing An Urban Arts Market: Feasibility Analysis of Program Evaluation Recommendations (PDF)
ARTIST OPPORTUNITIES AND RESOURCES:
Here's a guide to some helpful tips for new and current artists!