Effective August 23, 2014, the certificate (license) fee will be $174 quarterly (this is for 3 months), or $696 for one year.
If you are an honorably discharged Veteran from the Military, Naval or Air Service of the United States and are a resident of California who participated in the Street Artists Program between January 1, 2009 and July 1, 2014, you are entitled to a refund of your street artists fees paid to the Arts Commission during the above time period. You must file a refund claim with the Arts Commission on or before July 1, 2015, for any street artist fees you paid between January 1, 2009 and July 1, 2014. In addition to your refund claim, please submit your Honorably Discharged Veteranís Certificate of Release DD Form 214 (Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty) or other equivalent U.S. government document reflecting honorable discharge (a list of military discharge documents may be found on the website of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, National Cemetery Administration).
To be licensed as a Street Artist in SF:
- Download an application and read about the licensing and screening process.
- Find out what screening category your work fits under.
- Check the screening meeting schedule and monthly agenda.
- After successful application and screening, receive your Street Artist’s certificate.
- Get assigned to a selling space by joining the daily lottery.
- Still have questions? Contact us.
Review the Street Artists Program "Bluebook."
ARTIST OPPORTUNITIES AND RESOURCES:
Here's a guide to some helpful tips for new and current artists!