The San Francisco Arts Commission is seeking candidates for the following openings:
Under direction from the Director of Community Investments, the Senior Program Officer will support the Director in managing a wide range of programmatic activities while holding the responsibility of oversight and management of the grants program team. This position requires a background that exemplifies knowledge and experience in grantmaking from an equity lens. More specifically, the Senior Program Officer should be experienced in public grantmaking, team development and management, non-profit management and the arts sector. The job posting is open until filled.
If you have any questions regarding the recruitment or application process, please contact Human Resources Analyst Katsuina Leblanc, at (415) 557-4850, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Arts Commission offers unpaid volunteer opportunities for individuals who are interested in gaining work experience in the arts. Volunteers will assist staff with a variety of tasks including archiving, research, and events. See the categories below for more specific information about volunteer opportunities.
- Advanced Knowledge: Microsoft Office, Acrobat Pro XI or other PDF software, Windows 7, large and awkward format scanning
- Working Knowledge: Audacity or other audio software, familiarity with content management systems and various file types, physical and electronic filing systems, database systems, FileMaker and EmBARK a plus.
- Help organize physical and electronic files, scan files to the server, name according to conventions
- Help shred outdated files, physically move files into cabinets or deep storage
Audio File Transfer
- Convert commission audio files into specific file formats, organize according to conventions
The San Francisco Arts Commission Galleries (SFAC Galleries) is currently seeking motivated emerging arts administrators to join our Professional Development Program.
To be considered for one of the opportunities below, mail or email resume and cover letter to SFAC Galleries Manager, Cece Carpio at email@example.com. In your cover letter, please be sure to indicate the position in which you are interested as well as your available volunteer hours. All ProDev positions are unpaid and require a commitment of (10-20) hours per week for at least 4-6 months. ProDev scheduled days fall between Tuesday – Saturday. Applicants must be at least 18 years old.
The SFAC Galleries is currently seeking a student or emerging arts administrator to help with general tasks related to our exhibitions. The right candidate will gain a greater understanding of how the Galleries program functions, and become familiar with the general operations of San Francisco’s municipal gallery. The chosen applicant will work directly with Galleries staff. Arts Administration, MFA, BFA, BA and MA students/graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Assisting in the areas of marketing, accounting, and operations
- Conduct exhibition research and preparation
- Database updates using FilemakerPro, Constant Contact for mailing list and press list
- Assisting with gallery openings, installations & de‐installations, public programs and other gallery activities
Media and Documentation
The SFAC Galleries is currently seeking a marketing student or emerging arts administrator to assist in telling and documenting the stories of SFAC Galleries artists, exhibitions and public programs while helping to shape the online voice of a major arts institution. Skills needed: Knowledge of Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator and In Design and exceptional photography experience a plus. This position is ideal for someone interested in photography, arts writing, digital engagement, and audience development.
- Produce content for onsite and online digital media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Flickr, etc to promote upcoming exhibitions and public programs
- Maintain list of targeted audiences for media content and advertising
- Track and report social media and advertising views metrics
- Document SFAC Galleries exhibitions and public programs for website, press purposes and digital archive
The SFAC Galleries is currently seeking a motivated emerging library science or arts administrator to oversee and execute phase two of a large project involving our exhibition archives. We are working toward the SFAC Galleries’ 50th anniversary in 2020, so the archive will accessed with increasing frequency over the coming years. It is important that the archive be organized and ready for research. Arts Administrations and Library Science students/ graduates encouraged to apply.
- Working with staff to identify and categorize a wide range of materials from past exhibitions
- Work with the staff to fine tune a digital format template for storing archival information
- Create digital files for past exhibitions and properly store and archive original ephemera
- The right candidate for this position will gain skills related to cataloguing, creating digital archives, and archival storage materials and methods.