The San Francisco Arts Commission, as a City agency and in partnership with the San Francisco Symphony, began a ticket distribution program in 2009 to provide the public greater accessibility to experience the symphony and the arts in San Francisco.
Through this program, a number of complimentary tickets for a diverse range of SF Symphony performances are made available to the public. Ticket requests are handled on a “first come, first served” basis, with priority given to those who have yet to participate in the ticket distribution program. The SFAC is committed to creating opportunities for members of the public to take part in creative and cultural activities in San Francisco.
Currently, the tickets we have available for the 2017-2018 Symphony season include:
- Peter and the Wolf – December 10, 2017 at 2 p.m.
- Holiday Soul with the SFS – December 13, 2017 at 7:30 p.m.
- MTT Conducts Candide – January 19, 2018 at 8 p.m.
- Chinese New Year Celebration – February 24, 2018 at 3 p.m.
- Christian Reif Conductor – March 4, 2018 at 2 p.m.
- Copland’s Symphony No. 3 – March 15, 2018 at 8 p.m.
- Amadeus Film – April 6, 2018 at 8 p.m.
- Audra McDonald and the SFS – May 18, 2018 at 8 p.m.
- MTT Conducts Mahler’s Third – June 30, 2018 at 8 p.m.
If you are interested in requesting tickets for a particular show above and participating in the Ticket Distribution Program, please fill out the Online Request Form.
Please be mindful that due to the high volume of requests for Symphony tickets, we will only contact those selected to be a recipient of the program. Thank you for your understanding.
As required by the Fair Political Practices Commission (“FPPC”) Regulation 18944.1, the San Francisco Arts Commission must prominently post the following information regarding the distribution of any tickets or passes on the San Francisco Arts Commission's website, on a form provided by the FPPC within 30 days after the ticket/pass distribution:
- The name of the person receiving the ticket or pass, or if the ticket or pass is distributed to a non-City organization, the name, address, description of the organization, and the number of tickets or passes provided to the organization;
- A description of the event;
- The date of the event;
- The face value of the ticket or pass;
- The number of tickets or passes provided to each person;
- If the ticket or pass is distributed at the behest of a public official, the name of the official who requested the distribution of the ticket or pass; and
- A description of the public purpose under which the distribution was made or, alternatively, that the ticket or pass was distributed as income to the official.