The San Francisco Arts Commission (SFAC) is seeking Cultural Ambassadors for the 2024 Cultural Equity Endowment grants and Arts Impact Endowment grants program.
Cultural Ambassadors will help create awareness about and increase attendance of SFAC’s grant information sessions and encourage prospective grantees to submit applications to relevant SFAC grant categories in fall 2023. This is a paid opportunity to be part of SFAC's grant-making process.
Selected Cultural Ambassadors will be asked to participate in a weekday orientation session during work hours of 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. PST in September 2023. Exact date to be confirmed.
These are the two types of outreach roles that Cultural Ambassadors will focus on. If selected, you will be assigned to one of these two roles:
- Bridge Builder: a role that will promote in-person outreach via community programs and events as well as some online/virtual outreach via social media.
- Influencer: a role that will primarily provide online/virtual outreach via social media.
Selected Cultural Ambassadors:
- CAN NOT promote a FY24 grant category that they are going to apply to as an individual artist or apply to on behalf of an arts organization that will be released in fall 2023.
- CAN NOT be an employee of the City & County of San Francisco (CCSF).
- Must be at least 18 years old.
WE'RE LOOKING FOR CULTURAL AMBASSADORS WHO:
- Are Outgoing and Positive
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Are deeply rooted in San Francisco’s diverse artistic communities.
- Are passionate about San Francisco Arts and Culture and can encourage and motivate their community to apply for arts funding.
- Enjoys connecting networks and are deeply rooted in the following communities: women, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender non-conforming, Queer, BIPOC (Black Indigenous, Person of Color) and/or disabled.
CULTURAL AMBASSADORS WILL:
- Receive outreach coaching support from SFAC staff.
- Engage the Community as a Bridge Builder (in-person/hybrid) or Influencer (virtually) by promoting grants information through our SFAC website, newsletter, social Media platforms, and community arts events.
- Serve as a liaison between the SFAC and their intended communities (September– December 2023).
- Recruit applicants to explore SFAC’s grants landing page, attends technical assistance webinars, and connect with a program officer.
- Spread the word and increase awareness among San Francisco artists and arts organizations of SFAC grant opportunities.
- Provide feedback about their Cultural Ambassador program experience and make recommendations for improvements (December 2023).
- Receive a honorarium of $1,710 at the end of their service.
If you are interested in learning more, please contact Program Officer Jennifer Chu at email@example.com and Program Officer Jonell Molina at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
- SFAC staff will evaluate interested Cultural Ambassador applicants and will contact you ONLY if you have been selected.
- Selected Cultural Ambassadors must be available for an online orientation that will be scheduled in September 2023.
- Selected Cultural Ambassadors must set up a compliant City Supplier account to receive payment for their services. (For more information visit: https://sfcitypartner.sfgov.org/pages/BS3/login.aspx)
- Selected Cultural Ambassadors must be available to conduct outreach activities between September 1 and November 30, 2023.