The San Francisco Arts Commission engages in strategic partnerships that advance our mission and are within our resource capacity. Complete criteria is determined on a case-by-case basis, but standard guidelines include the following:
- The partnership aligns with the Arts Commission's current programming;
- Fills a need that the Agency has been mandated to address but lacks the resources to fully execute;
- The partner entity’s mission embodies racial equity values and manifests these values in their program activities.
- The partnership serves to advance the arts ecology in San Francisco, including arts organizations and individual artists (partnerships that support only one or a small group of artists are rarely adopted);
- The partnership is sustainable;
- The partnership brings shared resources (human, financial, etc.) together to address the issue;
- Addresses a need not currently being addressed by another entity.
*Please note, that the Arts Commission cannot provide production or financial support for traveling exhibitions, art fairs, performances or other temporary art-related events. We can, however, help connect you with local partners who can help support your initiative.