There are currently no job opportunities at this time. For future opportunities, please visit: https://www.jobapscloud.com/SF/.
Applications will only be accepted through the City's job site.
Paid Internships with SFAC Galleries
The San Francisco Arts Commission Galleries, in partnership with Mayor London Breed’s initiative Opportunities for All, is offering two paid internships to qualified candidates. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline: Friday, December 20, 2019
Time Commitment: 10 hours a week, for 10 weeks from mid-January - mid-May 2020
Age Range: 20 – 24 years of age
- Please email a letter of interest specifying which internship you are applying for along with a current resume to: Cece Carpio, SFAC Galleries Manager, email@example.com
- Sign up through the Opportunities for All web page: www.opps4allsf.org
- Applicants will be asked to interview with the SFAC Galleries Manager, and the SFAC Galleries Manager of Education and Public Programs, and a final decision will be made when all interviews are complete.
Administration and Archive Intern
The Administration and Archive Intern will assist in the research of exhibitions and in fine tuning aspects of SFAC Galleries’ physical and digital archives. This intern will also assist the Galleries Director in creating manuals and annual reports. Additional work may include helping with the migration of our exhibition history into a new digital database. Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design, and photography experience are pluses. This position is ideal for someone interested in photography, arts writing, digital engagement, and audience development.
- Research current and upcoming exhibitions/public programs, and develop content for onsite and online digital media platforms including Facebook and Instagram.
- Learn arts administration standard best practices for organizing exhibitions, and assist the Galleries Director with a variety of administrative tasks related to upcoming projects.
- Participate in the documentation of SFAC Galleries exhibitions and public programs for the website, press purposes and the digital archive.
- Assist the Galleries in an Agency-wide data migration to a new Salesforce platform.
- Work with staff to identify and categorize a wide range of materials from past exhibitions.
- Work with the staff to fine tune a digital format template for storing archival information.
- Create digital files for past exhibitions and properly store and archive original ephemera.
- Gain skills related to cataloguing, creating digital archives, and archival storage materials and methods.
Education and Public Programs Intern
The Education and Public Programs Intern will report directly to the SFAC Galleries Manager of Education and Public Programs (MEPP). They will assist the MEPP in all aspects surrounding gallery visits/exhibition tours and the outreach, planning, and realization of public programs. A strong candidate will have exceptional communication skills, multitasking abilities and a good work ethic. They will enjoy working as part of a team, and be comfortable speaking in front of an audience. Knowledge of Photoshop and In Design is preferred but not required.
- Conduct research on current SFAC exhibitions, artists and related themes/topics.
- Research potential partner organizations for the SFAC to work with on programs.
- Work with the MEPP on outreach and social media strategies around exhibitions and related public programs.
- Develop content for SFAC Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter posts leading up to and during public programs.
- Track and analyze social media metrics, reporting on the efficacy of current outreach strategies.
- Learn about online event listings and other ways to promote SFAC programs and gallery tours.
- Learn how to lead exhibition tours, translating themes into learning experiences for high school and college students as well as special interest groups.
- Learn general administrative skills while assisting the staff with day to day activities.
Please address all applications and inquiries about our internship program to:
SFAC Galleries Manager
The Arts Commission offers unpaid volunteer opportunities for individuals who are interested in gaining work experience in the arts. Volunteers will assist staff with a variety of tasks including archiving, research, and events. See the categories below for more specific information about volunteer opportunities.