The Arts Commission does not have any open opportunities for contractors at this time. However, we are engaged in a bidding process through the Department of Technology for a Salesforce vendor. The Arts Commission can only accept responses from firms pre-qualified in a specific Service Area according to the pre-qualified list created in October 2017 by the City’s Department of Technology as a result of RFQ #DT2017-08. As part of this process we are required to post our responses to applicant questions. Please see below for more details regarding the RFQ# - ART2018-01 - Arts Commission Salesforce Solution.
RFQ ART2018-01 Answers:
- How many street artists will be tracked in Salesforce?
Answer: The number of street artists range from 200 – 250. Currently, we have 210 artists in the program.
- How many excel data sources will be imported into Salesforce?
Answer: We anticipate importing 2-3 excel datasets from each program. The decision on what to import will be made following a simple process: 1) we will review with the selected vendor existing data sets; 2) we will consider recommendations on how to clean up and streamline data sets; 3) we will make a final selection to ensure critical data is imported into Salesforce but with the goal of simplifying our processes.
- How many Access databases will be imported into Salesforce
- Embark - import/export is this viewed as a manual process?
- Where does the artist history "such as payment, renewal and disciplinary" data reside? Will integration be required?
Answer: This will be manually entered.
- Is there a desire to integrate Constant Contact with Salesforce?
Answer: No, we would like to replace Constant Contact.
- Does SFAC/GFTA intend to leverage Salesforce Communities (i.e. procure Community licenses) for the Grant Portal?
- Has SFAC evaluated the free version of Milestone PM to evaluate the amount of configuration required to meet SFAC’s requirements?
Answer: We have seen a demo and believe that the only key configuration will be an addition of a Gantt chart that would allow the team to visualize the start and end time of all projects.
- Our assumption is that Salesforce is the single system after the project and it will replace existing systems Filemaker, GoGrants, excel documents, Embark and Access. Can you please validate, if this is accurate?
Answer: Yes, with the exception of Embark.
- Do any applications require Mobile access from Salesforce?
- Is there any list of browsers that must be supported by the solution?
Answer: We currently use Google Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer.
- What Role(s) will be provided by The San Francisco Arts Commission during Project duration?
Answer: Project Manager - the single point of contact for the supplier
- Do you plan to keep Constant Contact as an Email solution going forward or as part of this scope is to send email only through Salesforce?
Answer: The plan is to send email only through Salesforce.
- If Salesforce is going to send out emails, then can you provide us following information:
- How many types of marketing emails are sent?
- Roughly 3-4.
- Per type in #1, what is the frequency and volume of users who receives this email?
- 7,500k+ a month; 1-2 times per month
- Do you want to track these emails by different attributes such as it has been opened, is the link inside it clicked etc.
- Yes to all.
- Do marketing emails need to be approved and is that part of the scope within Salesforce?
- Internally approved by our Director of Communications.
- Internally approved by our Director of Communications.
- How many types of marketing emails are sent?
- Is it safe to assume that necessary user licenses for grantees, panelists and others will be acquired for the system?
- Are the 15 types of grant applications similar in structure or do they require different data and category to be captured? Is it possible to obtain a sample of the grant applications format(s)?:
Answer: 10 categories are SFAC and they have similar structures. The other 5 are GFTA and they have similar structure. Sample grant applications below.
- Are there any reporting needs for the Project Management? Or are they met with the out of box functionality of Project Management App mentioned in the RFQ?
Answer: Staff needs to track up to 100 project schedules from start to finish. The use of Gantt charts is needed. We are open to any solution.
- Does forecasting solution includes creating a forecasting model to predict forecasting or is it a simple formula based /user entered information? Can you provide any sample example(s)?
Answer: Simple formula based.
- Is that set (fixed bid) or would the city consider time and materials.
Answer: As stated in the RFQ, the City is expecting all vendors to submit fixed fee bids to build this Salesforce solution. Keep in mind however that as noted in the RFQ page 2 we are expecting post-implementation support of 10 hours per month on a retainer basis for the remainder of the contract.
- Does training documentation need to provide in languages other than English?
- For Community (Portal) users, is online / context sensitive help, where the user has a guided experience, the desired form of documentation?
Answer: For Community users, there should be both critical context sensitive help and a brief guide on how to use the application.
- Community members need training specifically relating to reviewing and scoring grants. Can you clarify this statement? We assume Community members be scoring Grant Applications
Answer: Yes, Community members will be scoring Grant Applications.
- Can you estimate the duration of this support (Provide 10 hours per month on a retainer basis for post implementation of technical support for issue resolutions)? Or should we just provide the cost per month, for scoring purposes?
Answer: For post implementation support we only need an hourly rate so that the Arts Commission can anticipate support costs based on the hours that it decides to use as needed.
- Is this assignment process manual, or does the system need to drive a randomized or rule based process? RFP statement: There are 50-60 panelists every year, which change annually.
Answer: No, this process is manual.
- For the purposes of developing the Staffing Proposal, could you please estimate the Start Date for the project?
Answer: April 2018
- The RFQ references the need to migrate data from Filemaker, Excel and Access but in other places also references 9 databases + a variety of Excel files. How many of these data sources will data migrations be required for?
Answer: Filemaker, Access, Excel documents only.
- Embark – Is the request for a manual import and export of a .csv or other text file OR for a more automated integration?
Answer: Manual import and export of a .csv or other text file only.
- In addition, transfer quarterly to the SFAC Salesforce Org Street artist application data that currently lives in the SF Business Portal Salesforce Org” – Please clarify. Is the request to create a Salesforce to Salesforce data integration between two separate salesforce organizations?
Answer: Manual data entry is sufficient as this will not be a significant amount of data.
- Are there other integrations aside from Embark and the SFAC to SF Business Portal required?
- The RFQ references OwnBackup as a solution for a backup solution. Should we assume this solution or is the request to also assist in evaluating and selecting a backup solution?
Answer: We are open to recommendations for a backup solution.
- Is the requirement to integrate with Constant Contact, replace Constant Contact or supplement Constant Contact?
- Is a Constant Contact integration with Salesforce required?
- How often does the Collection Maintenance Forecasting process occur?
Answer: We can anticipate using the model numerous times a year. While we will run an annual process for our capital budget ask, we will likely run multiple scenarios as a part of that process. Also, we plan to utilize the costing tool to project maintenance costs for individual works under currently under construction, as well as sub sections of the collection for various purposes multiple times a year. Data will only need to be imported into Salesforce one or twice a year.
- How many records/forecasts need to be managed? (order of magnitude – tens, hundreds, thousands, more)?
Answer: There are currently 539 unique records. However, we add objects to the collection ever year. The goal is to be able to run the model for the entire collection - both permanently sited and portable works - to the tune of about 4,000 records.
- Would it be possible to see an example of what the output looks like?
Answer: See below for an example.
- RFP requests “Deploy backup solution (ex. OwnBackup) for contingency planning and risk mitigation.”Salesforce has extensive data protection built-in, including real-time mirroring of data to multiple data centers and tape backups. Does SFAC want another, redundant, backup system for the Salesforce solution?
- “Provide 10 hours per month on a retainer basis for post implementation of technical support for issue resolutions.” How many months would SFAC like support?
Answer: For the entirety of the contract. For post implementation support we only need an hourly rate so that the Arts Commission can anticipate support costs based on the hours that it decides to use as needed.
- “Import of data into Salesforce from Filemaker, Excel, Access”. Does SFAC have the capacity to extract data from its existing systems and put them into data import templates (Excel documents) for the vendor to upload into Salesforce?
- What are the database tables and estimated volume of records (per table) expected for migration? E.g. “Accounts = 50,000; Contacts=150,000; Grants =10,000; Grant Applications=50,000”
Answer: Constant Contact=17,528, Access Contacts=1,372, Grant Applications=450, Grant Reports by Staff= 30; old Grant Applications in Access=4000 (may not be imported), Expected Grant applications annually=450.
The above numbers are rough estimates as there will be an evaluation of data imported into Salesforce. We also may choose not to migrate our Access database at all or migrate contacts only.
- GoGrants is not listed as a data migration system. Should it be included in the data migration?
Answer: We are not migrating data from GoGrants. Grants data currently lives in Filemaker.
- Constant Contact integration with Salesforce is poor. Is SFAC open to an alternative mass email application that is better integrated with Salesforce? Are there any special considerations that need to be taken into account when choosing an alternative?
Answer: We would like to replace Constant Contact and send emails through Salesforce. Here are some statistics about our current email trends: Roughly 3-4 types of emails are sent; 7,500k+ users a month receive 1-2 emails per month; we want to track these emails by different attributes such as it has been opened and is the link inside it clicked etc.; our emails are internally approved by our Director of Communications.
- Our experience with Survey Force is that it isn’t a good solution. We typically recommend Survey Monkey, Get Feedback, or use Form Assembly (that would also be used to create grant applications and other forms in the Community or online). What is the rationale for using Survey Force versus another solution?
Answer: Survey Force is a limited but free solution. If you are going to propose an alternative solution, identify the pricing for purchasing, implementing and integrating the solution as part of your cost proposal.
- Typically in Salesforce, authenticated portal users (e.g. grantees) need to have their own Salesforce Community licenses. Is SFAC planning to acquire Community licenses for the grantee portal? Similarly, if SFAC/GFTA wants panelists to log in and review submissions, they will also need Salesforce Community licenses.
- How do panelists currently view, score, and provide feedback on grant applications? What is the desired future process?
Answer: They review, provide preliminary scores and feedback in GoGrants. Future process can remain the same just with a different system. GFTA currently view applications including all attachments in GoGrants, but write their reports on each application in the Access system. We would want to be able to do it all in this one system moving forward.
- Can you provide full copies of each of the 15 different grant applications?
- What actions do you want applicants/grantees to be able to perform on the portal?
Answer: fill out and submit applications, track the submission, update their information, submit interim reports and final reports with both qualitative and quantitative data, request budget and scope revisions, track approved expenditures, and be able to look up their grant balances.
- Are panelists members of the SF community, SFAC/GFTA staff, or a mix of both?
- For grant applications, we usually recommend a form building tool such as Form Assembly. Is SFAC willing to implement and license a 3rd party tool like Form Assembly as part of this project?
Answer: We are open to recommendations but would prefer to avoid third party tools to minimize any additional ongoing cost especially since we do not build many forms. If you are going to propose using a third-party solution, identify the pricing for purchasing and implementing the solution as part of your cost proposal.
- Is SFAC comfortable using an off-the-shelf Salesforce Community theme, such as Napili?
Answer: SFAC is comfortable using the standard Salesforce Napili theme to minimize costs but we expect the SFAC and GFTA logo to appear prominently as part of the Community portal.
- Can you provide examples of the grant reporting and outcomes for each grant type?
Answer: Example reports include: amount/number per category and time period, how many grants a grantee/type of grantee received over time, how many grants were given in a year to a certain supervisor district, the demographics of grantees and panelists in a year and over time, number of artists paid through the grant, number/amount of staff people paid through the grant, number of public performances held, number of audience members, number of public meetings/focus groups held and sort by budget size and discipline. Ideally, we would like to customize reports based on any data we choose at will.
- Can you share what the forecasts look like and the formulas and data required to create them?
Answer: See below for example.
- Typically, accounting-style processes are not managed in Salesforce. What is the use case and rationale for managing this in Salesforce?
Answer: SFAC plans to leverage Salesforce for some key accounting reports given that current solutions are burdensome but we do not plan to move our entire accounting operations to Salesforce at this point.
- “Add ability to export/import cost projection data from the Embark system”. Which Embark system is SFAC using? This Embark? Can you provide examples of the cost projection data?
Answer: Embark is our collections management software. See below for cost projection data examples. We are still in the process of modifying EmbARK to do a seamless data export into the tool. For the purposes of the tool, we are using the below spreadsheet. https://www.gallerysystems.com/products-and-services/embark/
- Is the expectation for the export/import to be manual or automated?
- Is the expectation for the data from the SF Business Portal be manually imported on a quarterly basis?
- In addition to end-user training, we also provide System Administrator training focused on the solution and configuration provided to the client. It is not meant as a replacement for general System Administrator training. Has SFAC/GFTA identified staff who will take on the System Administrator role once the project is complete?
Answer: Yes, 2 staff for SFAC, 1 staff for GFTA.
- For Fixed Fee Bidding, we can either make the scope variable (core components included in bid, with “nice to haves” prioritized in or out of scope to meet fixed bid) and/or we include a large contingency estimate (e.g. project estimate + 40% contingency fee) to accommodate unknown scope that comes up during project implementation.
Answer: Scope variable.
- Alternately, we strongly recommend Time and Materials billing to be able to accommodate a variable scope. Is SFAC/GFTA open to a Time and Materials project estimate?
Answer: Scope variable.