The San Francisco Arts Commission seeks Bay Area individuals with expertise in the arts and culture field to participate in the peer review grant panels. This is a paid opportunity to be part of SFAC's grant-making process.
We're looking for potential applicants who:
- Have a deep knowledge about the arts, cultural equity, promising practices for nonprofits, facility and capital needs.
- Are practicing artists, cultural workers, and/or arts administrators who have experience in advancing cultural and racial equity.
- Have an interest in taking a behind-the-scenes look at the grant-making process.
- Are representative of both San Francisco’s demographics and the specific applicant pool in terms of race/ethnicity, gender, LGBTQ and differently-abled representations.
Potential panelists will:
- Ensure the transparency of SFAC's grant-making practices.
- Review, rank and comment on grant applications in the category specific to their expertise.
- Meet in a virtual setting where applicants may observe panel discussions.
- Receive an honoraria for each application reviewed.
HOW TO APPLY
APPLICATIONS ARE AVAILABLE ONLINE AT: https://sfac.tfaforms.net/91
To be considered as a panelist for the FY23 Cultural Equity Grants panel review, applications must be received by December 31, 2022 by 11:59 p.m.
- Staff evaluate how and when your contribution may be useful in the panel review process and will contact you only if you have been selected.
- Selected panelists must set up a compliant City Supplier account to receive payment for their services. For more information visit https://sfcitypartner.sfgov.org/pages/BS3/login.aspx.
- Panelists participate in an orientation webinar to get familiar with the review process and scoring criteria.
- If you submitted an application last year, you do not have to submit another one. Panelists are approved for two years by the full Arts Commission.
- Former panelists who have not served for two or more years are also encouraged to apply!
Thank you for your interest in being an integral part of supporting San Francisco's vibrant arts community!