San Francisco Arts Commission is seeking a press and marketing consultant to work with the SFAC director of communications and sfac program staff to assist in developing and executing a press and marketing plan for a number of upcoming public art projects.
Projects may include:
- Artworks installed at the new SFPUC Southeast Community Center in the Bayview (opening scheduled for October 22, 2022)
- Artworks installed for 4 new stations of the SFMTA Central Subway (opening anticipated for Winter 2022). See overview of artworks here.
- Upcoming artwork to be installed at Hilltop Park on Yerba Buena Island by artist Hiroshi Sugimoto (opening anticipated for Spring 2023), and possibly future art projects related to the Treasure Island Development Project. See Treasure Island Arts Master Plan here.
- Upcoming artwork to be installed at the Alameda Creek Watershed Center in Sunol by artist Walter Kitundu, in partnership with the Muwekma Ohlone Tribe (opening anticipated for Spring 2023).
- Artworks installed at the 49 South Van Ness Building including work by artists Sanaz Mazinani, Sarah Sze, and Meghann Riepenhoff (installed in 2021), as well as a number of 2-D framed artworks and videos to be installed in Winter 2022
The work of the consultant for each project will vary. The following is the range of scope of services:
- Develop content for press releases, review press releases with SFAC and Client agencies, and distributing press releases to local arts media
- Outreach to local media as well as art-specific media on a national level and international level for specific projects
- Create, design and distribute marketing and promotion materials to local community (including printed materials and online/social media content)
- Plan and organize local events that promote the artwork like tours or artist talks
This Solicitation can be viewed on the City’s Supplier Portal at: https://sfcitypartner.sfgov.org/pages/index.aspx
Consultant shall work with SFAC staff and Client agencies to propose an outreach plan for projects based on need, timing and budget. SFAC anticipates hiring more than one consultant based on their particular expertise and experience. Budgets for each project may range from $5,000 to $30,000, depending on scale and scope of outreach.
- Provide company name, mailing address, phone number, and main contact’s email
address and direct phone number;
- A brief description of the consultant’s structure and capabilities;
- Provide examples of similar services and/or marketing materials you have provided to other arts organizations. Please include a brief description of the services provided and a discussion of the outcome, including name of project, description of project and project period and cost;
- Provide hourly rates
- Experience as related to scope of services described above
- Hourly rate
Consultants will need to register as a supplier with the City and enter into a P-600 contract..
Please submit Required Information to: Coma Te, firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions, contact:
Coma Te, Director of Communciations
email@example.com, 415-252-2229 (desk)
Request for Proposals Issuance:
Friday, September 9, 2022, 5:00 PM Pacific Daylight Time
Deadline to Submit Proposals:
Friday, September 23, 2022, 5:00 PM Pacific Daylight Time